A preoperative consultation and a health history review is mandatory for patients undergoing anesthesia for surgery.
Please alert the office if you have any medical condition as it may be of concern prior to treatment (e.g. heart murmur, diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.), if you have taken or are taking weight-loss medication, or if you are taking any medication (e.g. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)
Abiding by the pre-operative instructions is important for your safety and should be followed carefully. Failure to comply could consequently result in the delay, or even cancellation, of the surgery. If you have any questions or are confused about the instructions, please call us.
- No intake of foods or liquids after midnight. This includes water.
- A responsible adult who will accompany and remain in the office during the entire procedure must drive the patient home. This applies to ALL patients, including those over the age of 18.
- Loose-fitting clothing must be worn. This includes sleeves, which can be rolled up the arm past the elbow.
- Discontinue all herbal supplements, vitamin E, and aspirin or ibuprofen pain reliever one week prior to surgery.
- Please refrain from smoking prior to the surgery.
- Payment is expected on the day of surgery unless other financial arrangements have been made.